Small businesses on startup stage are notorious for wanting to skimp on as much business expenditure as possible. While the business is still on the road to return of investment (ROI), they want to save to arrive to profit faster.
Thankfully, local search engine optimization (SEO) marketing can work with very little budget. It is actually the most cost effective form of marketing, when you compare its costs to that of traditional media like print and radio. In digital marketing, local SEO requires the least amount of money.
You can optimize your business page through local SEO, and it would not make you spend so much. It does not involve breaking the bank.
How can we optimize our business page while staying on a tight budget?
- Do away with content marketing.While content marketing and SEO are very closely related and connected, it is still possible for one to exist without the other. Most SEO campaigns cost more because content marketing is part of the process. It is not impossible to do it yourself, but it will be tedious to learn it from scratch. When you are not yet familiar on how to do content marketing and think that you have to hire someone to do it for you, just do your campaign without it.
- Think of an alternative to content. Think of something you can include in your page that would not involve hard content. It is easier if you plan on adding something you’re familiar with or are passionate about. Be inspired by your market and what their interests are. When you are optimizing a website, you should always make your target audience your main priority. It is important that your website interests them, so they will come back to regularly check it out. SEO campaigns, whether local or international, aim for a higher click through rate (CTR), and even higher conversion rates. You can replace content and blogs with forums where people can openly share their thoughts, though still relating to your business.Build a community. Include games.
- Be creative with your domain name. Back when SEO was still young in the industry, the domain has to be exactly the same as the business. However, it has to be noted that it does not work that way anymore. You can now get creative with your domain name, given the fact that the name you choose to come up with stays professional and businesslike. Choose a name that is catchy and has a great register. A name that rings the bell and is easily remembered is always a great choice.
- Make the most of free keyword search tools. They are everywhere, and even Google has them. Keyword search and usage is very crucial in SEO marketing. Your keywords determine your SEO scores, and comprise a major chunk of the SEO scoring basis. Use keywords that pertain to your products and services, and keep your sentences as naturally sounding as possible. While more keywords can help you with your SEO ranking, overusing them does more harm than good.
- Make your website design simple and fresh. A clean, crisp, professional design is always your best bet for a business page. More complicated websites with too many questions usually cost more to develop and design, plus it makes a website too cluttered. People will naturally prefer to browse sites that are simple and pleasing to the eyes. Also, it has to be noted that a complicated website will have limited site visitors, and would not attract a diverse group of site visitors. You need as much site guests as possible to have an acceptable local SEO ranking.
- Know your target audience. You can create survey pop ups on your website to have an idea about your consumers. Or, you can also observe their online activity to see what interests them and what their priorities are. Knowing these things about them will give you the ability to optimize your website in a way that they will like. You have to please them as much as possible, through your great products and services, your website’s feel and design, and your page’s contents. Build your website with their preferences, and go from there.
- Verify your Google page listing and update it. This one hardly cost a penny, and probably holds the most importance when it comes to local SEO. Your Google page listing is very important in your local brand awareness efforts. This is where it should start, and starting from it does not mean you can stop on it after some time. You should claim the business page if there already is, and make sure you also verify it. People see verification as a proof of legitimacy, and it can certainly help you improve your online reputation. You also have to make it a point to update the information you publish on the page. Keep your clients updated with your current physical store location and phone number.
- Link your domain email to your business page. Your email must be accessible to your clients. When you are still starting out, you should be as approachable as possible. You must understand that you are still in the process of making a name for your business and building its network. Make yourself accessible, and religiously reply to every query and suggestion. Include a link to your domain email in most sections of your website, and keep it updated as well. There is nothing more frustrating than a business that cannot be reached.
Local SEO is as effective as most digital marketing strategies. The very little amount you spend on it can turn into a major ROI, as long as you do not skimp on the time and effort you put on your campaign. At the end of it all, the results will depend on how much effort you invested into it.
You do not have to spend your entire funds on local SEO. It has long been known as the most cost effective marketing strategy. The only things you have to spend on are efforts and time. Be keen on observing how local SEO benefits your business, and use that as your guide for future efforts.