More and more businesses have been bitten by the search engine optimization (SEO) marketing bug. There is now a major chunk of traditional businesses that also comprise a part of the internet marketing population.
SEO marketing campaigns and strategies are now referred to as the most effective ways to reach out target markets. In the internet, it is so much easier to be visible to several locations and even millions of people in such a short span of time.
Small businesses see SEO as their ticket for expansion. It is true, as there is a higher chance of being known by more people beyond your audience when you use the web to promote your brand and services.
How exactly is it done, then?
- Local Places Pages creation. Creating these local places pages makes it easy for more people to see you easily on the web. When you have initially used the word of mouth strategy to be known to people, they will most likely look you up in the internet. Once you have created a local place page of your brand, it will be so much easier for them to know where you are located (when you have a physical store), and each click through rate is easily converted into a sale. More clicks on your link also makes way for boosts on your ranking.
- Verify your page and make sure there are no duplicates. When duplicates appear on the results, it can frustrate and confuse your audience. Make sure you verify your page so anyone who sees it knows that you are legit.
- Keyword research and proper usage. The freshness of a keyword (or the frequency of its usage) varies on the local location. It is essential for any SEO results-oriented campaigns to focus on the keywords they are going to use to make sure each one benefits the business’ status. Using the proper keywords and properly using them makes a campaign effective, which can improve a business’ sales and profit over time.
- Categorize your page and optimize it. Optimizing your page requires you to use relevant fresh keywords that can also boost your SEO scores. Make sure it is on the proper category, as improperly categorizing them can be confusing, and can even deter customers and clients instead of attracting them. Everything seen on the page must fully reflect your company’s ideals and your brand’s reputation.
- Connect your business page to your domain email address. This will show your target market that your business is verified and is serious about business. It will also serve as another proof of legitimacy. Apart from those things, connecting your email address to your page will make it easier for anyone to contact you in case they are interested about your service or product. You will be just one click away, which is what most people prefer in terms of choosing someone they can work with.
- Make sure your information remains consistent and accurate. Scour and carefully review the web for any mentions of your company or your product. There may be certain sites that also mention your company, and can be great for marketing and promotions. However, you have to be sure that every time your brand has been mentioned, the information is correct. There can be discrepancies and confusions if one website or two has incorrect or outdated information. The key is to keep everything updated, including your location, email address, phone numbers, and even contact persons.
- Be clear about your time of office or operation. If you have the incorrect office hours on the web on your page, it can result to confused and angry customers. No business ever wanted to have irate customers caused by misunderstanding on those things. It is always best to keep updating your information so your target audience stays updates as well. You do not know when someone interested with your service sees your page online and decides to do business with you. It will be great if your page is always ready for whoever it is to see it.
- Have rich images and catchy pictures for your identity photos. Identity photos are the images people can use to identify your brand. Be really creative with these, but also make sure your images stay professional. Crisp and business-like should be the look you aim for. Identity photos include your profile photo, thumbnail, and cover photo. Have a logo and stick with it. Constantly changing an identity photo that people know can also confuse them. Also, you have to remember that a cover photo should be large enough to be used on a wider scale, and still be relevant enough to your business.Do not skimp on the quality of each photo. Treat them as your branding campaign.
- Shoot a virtual tour. This is another part of your local SEO efforts that should not be skimped on. As much as possible, hire a professional to do the virtual tour. Stage your office and make sure it will look inviting on video. The virtual tour should have the objective of attracting as much clients as possible.
Each business starts small, and has the common objective of making it big and expanding even internationally. No business would just want to settle, for it is human nature to want big and want more. The birth of SEO marketing made it easier for businesses to expand their scope and widen their reach in terms of target market. Audiences are now easier to reach out to, with almost everything at your fingertips.
Local SEO gained popularity because it allows small to medium-sized businesses to promote their products easier. Even if SEO is complex by nature, the availability of tools and experts online, as well as guides, can get anyone through it. It all seems overwhelming when you are still on the startup page, but the constant use of internet marketing will be your training ground.
As you may have noticed, a big part of your local SEO marketing strategy should focus on your business page. It is where you have the chance to get to people and attract them to do business with you. Start optimizing and verifying your page to make sure you hit gold on your first impressions. Even with businesses, it can be true that ‘first impressions last.’